SIBLING RIVALRY: INCREASE THE PEACE AT HOME
Monday April 9th, 2018 | 6.30pm - 8.30pm
In this interactive workshop, learn practical strategies such as : how to handle sibling conflict - when to step in and when to let them figure it out.
- how to acknowledge the challenging feelings children have toward each other.
- helping children to collaboratively solve difficult conflicts.
- preparing children for the birth of a new sibling.
- alternatives to forced apologies.
You will leave with a set of tools and handouts to help you apply your new skills right away!
Included in the evening workshop is a free 20-minute phone consultation with Counsellor Kate about anything you like related to children, parenting, relationships, or counselling.
MEET THE FACILITATOR :
Kate Saunders has over 15 years of experience at Westcoast Family Centres as a counsellor and parent educator, specializing in working with children and families. Kate completed her BA in Child Youth Care and her MA in Counselling Psychology, and is a Registered Clinical Counsellor in BC. She works therapeutically with teens and adults, with children in play therapy, and with parents and children together to address challenging behaviors. Kate is a certified practitioner of Parent-Child Interaction Therapy, one of the few empirically-valid treatments for disruptive behavior in young children. Kate focusses particularly on supporting healthy attachment and emotional development with all of her clients.
Monday April 9th | 6.30-8.30pm | $40 for one parent, $60 for both parents to attend.
PLEASE NOTE: * hese workshops sell out - so Please Register early to avoid disappointment! All booking is online. Turning up on the day is not permitted as we have a limited amount of spaces available.
* Babies or very young infants are welcome, but please leave mobile children at home.
* The café is not open during evening workshops, so bring your desired beverage with you ;)